Science 9 Inquiry
Check out this article for more about how whale poop is important for cycling nutrients, even on land.
What do I do?
• Evidence table - Make a copy of this document and share it with Miss Rimmer and Mrs. Cameron.
Share your document with Mrs. Cameron and Miss Rimmer. Fill in the form here:
Remember that everything you do on the internet should be considered public. You are expected to use the digital environment in a responsible and respectful manner. Think of everything you do online as contributing to your "Digital Tattoo."
Sites, Databases & More
• Science in Context - subscribed databases with current articles, videos and more on science topics
• Brittannica Online - subscribed online encyclopedia
• Image Quest - images you are allowed to use (with citation!)
•Science News for Students - an excellent place to start looking for ideas
• Science News - the "parent" site to Science News for Students. Also excellent.
• Duck Duck Go - search results from an alternative to Google - see the difference!
• In Our Library - a list of resources to help get you started.
Works by James Alexander Teit:
• The Shuswap, Memoirs of the AMNH
• The Thompson Indians of British Columbia, Memoirs of the AMNH
• The Mythology of the Thompson Indians, Memoirs of the AMNH
• Smarter Science -Generating Questions
• Power Up Your Questions - handout. See teachers.
• Points of Inquiry - includes steps to help you organize your learning. See the poster in the library and ask for help as you need it.
Some things we found
Below are some online resources we found that might help you to get started and generate more questions.
Earth Systems Interactions - includes many interesting types of Earth science events that help to illustrate interactions
Other links are listed in this Google Doc. They include Natural Resources Canada, the USGS, and more.
biosphere, hydrosphere, atmosphere, geosphere,
carbon cycle, phosphorus cycle, nitrogen cycle, water cycle, greenhouse effect, global warming, ecosystem, interaction, sustainability, deforestation, agriculture, dynamic equilibrium, bioaccumulation, biomagnification, solar radiation, biotic, abiotic, interconnectedness, First Peoples
First Peoples and Sustainability - some resources.